Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Finally...a "floor will you please swallow me" mommy moment...

Yes, it happened to me. Hi my name is Megan..."HIiiii Megan". Amelia and I went to the Party Store to get some of her party supplies for next week. I figured this would need to be an in/out trip to avoid us walking out with more then we needed. I got Elmo cupcake holders for her cupcake cake and let her be in charge. Somehow, something was said, and ELMO CAKE was born...I let her hold the cupcake holders in the backseat as she jabbered away about elmo cake. Fast forward to the pit stop we had to make at Target. I have to take the cupcake holders away from her and this didnt go over well. Literally 7 min. through the store..."ELMO CAAAAAAAAAAAAKE". As if she would fall out of the cart and die if I didn't get her Elmo cake. People were staring, I was begging for the floor to swallow me. We then get to the food section because I feel if I make a damn cake she wouldn't know any different. She didn't want to hold the box...remember? ELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMO CAKKKKKKKKE. So I'm thinking "animal crackers". She'll have her own little box and something in her mouth to distract the screaming, which I'm sure someone is on the phone with CSD at this point. Disaster strikes...I CANT FIND THE DAMN ANIMAL CRACKER BOXES. They're usually on end caps, can't find them. I find a store worker, who was having a bad day and asked where the animal crackers were. "down there with the rest of the crackers"...No shit lady....so I practically run down there and look frantically for the little boxes of heaven I know I need. ELMO CAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE. COOOOOOOOOOOKIES. I can't find them. I find the big, resealable bags instead. I grab one, tear the top off with my teeth and said "enjoy lunch Amelia." Animal cracker lunch it was...cake was made and ELMO CAKE hasn't been mentioned again....

No comments: