Thursday, January 5, 2012

Resolutions....or lack there of

Yes, I know they're all over the web right now. People making promises to themselves as to how they'll "better" themselves this year. What they can do "differently", or "better". *DISCLAIMER* I do not like, nor participate in, such New Years Resolutions. My feeling is you can make resolutions at any point in the year. Going to loose all that weight magically starting Jan. 1st? Really? I don't think I'm aware of one person I know who is able to keep a resolution they make for a full 12 months. I have things I want to do, but WILL do, instead of "resolve" to do. Some I may get to, some I may not. But these ideas were in this small brain of mine plenty before Dick Clark (bless his heart) counted down the last 17 seconds of 2011, all be it 1 second behind thanks to his previous stroke. For your visual entertainment:

1. As stated earlier, participate in Blog365. My sister in law laid down the challenge, I accepted..so here we are

2. Travel. While there are places on the "long term" bucket list that will remain, a couple of places I'd REALLY like to aim for this year. They include: the Oregon Coast (as is tradition with me and the husband on our anniversary come July), Montana? (the in laws live there), maybe Victoria, BC? Note to self: must now have passport.

3. Keep those close, closer. (aka: try to be a more improved friend) Make time, go out of my way, etc.

4. Put more money away. People always want to do this, and I'm pretty good at it for the most part...but I could def. do better (and this would help with number 2)

5. Take more time to enjoy the "little" things. Also, something I think people/me should be doing all of the time. While pregnant with Amelia, I HATED hearing "it goes by so fast". Sadly, it's true. I need to be a more patient parent, and laugh a little more about being dead smack in the middle of the "trying 4's"

So there you have it. I hope to be able to post, at some point throughout the year, about checking any/all of these off. It would make me feel like I'm doing something with myself, other then just "being".

"With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: