Sunday, June 27, 2010

Cooking, watering flowrers and all around happiness...

This week we got to watering the flowers. The weather has FINALLY shown up in summer form and the flowers need a good drink at the end of the day. Miss Amels is happy to help with this chore. While not doing that, I decided I REALLY wanted to cook something new/fantastic (Nick does the majority of the cooking, he likes to so who am I to say no?) I made an amazing sausage and penne marinara. It was a hit, even to the picky husband eater!

This week, Miss Amels gets the pleasure of being and Nana and Hampa's. My sitter is gone in Utah and they gladly stepped in to be replacements. We thank them. So now we have time to fully CLEAN the house before our annual 4th of July fireworks bbque/show. I will say after the first couple of days, the house will be quiet when I come home from work (other then Nick playing his games, I'm sure).

I also must say I'm quite disappointed in my recent discovery of my lack of tolerance to drinking. A girlfriend of mine that I've know for about 13 years had a birthday party last night. She came to my surprise party in April, and I was delighted to see her for the first time in 10 years. We were inseperable (just like last night). I got myself a 6 pack of Coores Light and figured I'd have a couple and be ok to drive home. 2 beers later and I was feeling good....Obviously, gone are the days were 2 beers were as good as a glass of water. Oh college...my liver misses thy.

Pictures of the most fabulous dinner (with chocolate chip cookies assisted by Miss Amels) and help with watering, follow....











2 comments:

Christie said...

Where'd you find the recipe? Amelia looks like a natural gardener.

Miss Amelia Jane. said...

In the Simple and Delicious subscription I get. I'm happy to pass it on if you'd like :)